There are several ways to support our school:
1. Donate to support our school in the Community Campaign (all donations are tax deductible)
All funds donated go directly to the school for professional development for teachers and professional staff; special course offerings at the school; support staff in classrooms; and supplies and equipment not provided by DCPS; and FoodPrints.
2. Participate in our Annual SWS Jazz Gala and Auction (March 14, 2020, St. Mark’s Episcopal Church)
Every dollar raised from this event goes back directly to SWS. Reaching our goal depends on the generosity of SWS friends, families, businesses, and community members. This event is for everyone! Even if you do not have a child at the school, please still consider supporting this amazing cause — a strong education for children will further strengthen our vitality as a community and more importantly, for our children’s future. For more information about the auction or to volunteer to help plan the auction, email our auction chair at auctionSWS@gmail.com or learn more on the SWS Auction website.
3. Register your frequent buyer cards to earn free money for SWS
You can register these cards online:
Escrips – Group ID: 500043656 Zip Code: 20002
Harris Teeter – School # 1855 here
Giant – SWS ID #18257
Amazon Smile – Choose “Friends of SWS” as your charity of choice and Amazon will donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to our school.
- You must sign up for Harris Teeter and/or Safeway each year.
- You and anyone you know can sign up – no affiliation with SWS is required.